Montessori is based on building a strong community. As they say, “It takes a village to raise a child”. The lives of our students are better because of YOU. Everyone has something to give, big or small. We will be giving families throughout the year many opportunities to volunteer and to be a part of our celebrations. To help our families understand how important they are in our student’s lives we have created a Family Involvement Card. At the beginning of every school year, each student will receive a new card for the upcoming school year. When the card is complete, students and their families will receive a $20.00 credit at the School Store or at the Uniform Closet. Each activity is worth $1.00 credit at the School Store or Uniform Closet. Face value will be paid on each card in May if the card is not filled. Below is a list of activities on the card.
Each Semester please complete:
- Attend 1 parent information night (at least)
- Attend 1 parent teacher conference
- Attend 1 PTA meeting (at least)
- Attend 1 social activity (at least)
- Volunteer at 1 activity or 2 hours at the school(at least)
- Participate in 1 fundraiser (at least)
Each Year please complete:
- Observe 1 time in your child’s classroom
Emerson Specific Involvement Information
There are many ways to get involved at Emerson! Click below to get started.
To become a volunteer:
- Speak to your child’s teacher or anyone from the administration team about your desire
- Complete background check. This is a requirement for ALL volunteers who come into contact with our students.
- Attend a Volunteer’s training. This training will provide an overview of the Montessori method and will help you to match your gifts to our needs. We will also outline general expectations for all volunteers at Emerson Elementary.
Join the PTA!
We hope you will be joining the PTA for the school year. Dues are only $10.00 per year. The PTA is great way to become more involved in your child's education. The kids see you in a different light when you are helping the school and serving it's community.
Please contact Ericka Murphy to let her know that you can help! 918-860-3200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
PTA Board Members
- Ericka Murphy
- Vice President (Membership)
- Nathan Pickard
- Lara Merrill
- Ashley Aveilhe
- STEM Silent Auction Coordinator
- Susan Foust
- Building Representative
- Susan Foust
- Community Relations
- Katie Russell
Parental involvement is a combination of commitment and active participation on the part of parent to the school and to the student. As parents you can ensure that your child receives the benefits from parental involvement by staying up to date on what is happening in the classroom.
Tulsa Public Schools is committed to helping your child develop the academic knowledge and critical thinking he or she needs to succeed in school and beyond. As a result, these involvement opportunities empower parents to take action. By connecting parents to school officials, community members, other parents, knowledge, and powerful allies, these opportunities build bridges and networks that support schools and sustain whole communities.
Box Tops for Education is a wonderful program sponsored by General Mills and their associated brands. For every box top that is turned in Emerson receives $0.10. If every student brought in onebox top a month our school would raise $315 a year. If everyone brought in two we would earn $630.
Visit Box Tops for Education to sign up to be part of our team and print coupons for participating brands.
District Involvement Information
- Stay Connected - TPS social media and smartphone app
- Tulsa Council of PTAs
- National PTA
- Booster Clubs/PTAs sanctioned organizations
- Parents as Teachers
- Student and Family Guide to Success (includes the Behavior Response Plan)
- Achieving. Classroom Excellence (ACE) Parental Curriculum Choice Letter
- Logrando la Excelencia en el Salón de Clases Carta hacia los Padres para la Selección de Currículo
- Parent Guide | Guía para Padres
- Parents Right To Know | El Derecho a Saber de los Padres
- Parent and Family Engagement Policy
- Educational Surrogate Parents Program
- All students need parental support to succeed. The Educational Surrogate Parents Program responds to the need for support and representation of students with disabilities whose parents are not available. This program relies on the commitment of volunteers who support a student's education by advocating for him/her to ensure that the student receives a free and appropriate public education.