Back to School
School starts on Thursday, August 19!
Stay in touch! Update your contact information at www.tulsaschools.org/contactupdate to make sure you receive text and email alerts from Tulsa Public Schools.
We look forward to seeing our students back in class on time on Thursday, August 19, 2021! This back to school page is your hub for all of the news and information you need to prepare for a great start to the 2021-2022 school year. We encourage you to bookmark this page and check back often for updates! Make sure you also follow the Tulsa Public Schools Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages to stay up to date on the new school year.
- Attendance/Bell Times
- Breakfast & Lunch
- Early pick up from school
- Find your bus
- COVID-19 Safety, Health, and Wellness
- School Safety
- Stay Connected
- Student Grades & Records
|Opening Bell||7:30 a.m.|
|Dismissal Bell||2:35 p.m.|
- Make sure your school has the accurate list of persons approved for picking up your child from school.
- Adults must present their photo ID pick up a student early.
- See TPS Regulation 2117-R: STUDENT PICKUP DURING THE SCHOOL DAY
Emerson Montessori is a neighborhood school. When students move into the neighborhood, their home school is Emerson unless they choose to opt out. When students begin their journey at Emerson Montessori, we will work closely with both the student(s) and their family to transition into the Montessori classroom. Each new family will be required to attend a new parent orientation within the first 30 days of entry.
Who do I call if my child has not returned home from school on time?
- First call your child’s school
- If you do not get an answer, call transportation at 918-833-8100
- Note: buses may run 10-minutes after the posted stop time
Who do talk to about transportation for students with special needs?
- Call our special needs transportation representative at 918-833-8148 or email@example.com.
- Note: There is a 3-5 day processing window for all new applications
- Visit Health & Wellness
- Includes required immunizations, health forms and tips for maintaining good health
Resources for COVID-19 vaccination
The COVID-19 vaccine is available free of charge to anyone ages 5 and older.
COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective at preventing COVID-19 and reduce the risk of spreading the virus that causes COVID-19. The federal government is providing free vaccinations to all people living in the United States, regardless of their immigration or health insurance status.
You can get a free ride to your vaccination appointment by using one of the options below:
Use the link below to schedule your COVID-19 vaccination today or text your zip code to 438-829 to find a vaccination site near you.
We will continue to partner with the Tulsa Health Department to conduct in-school COVID-19 rapid tests of randomly-selected staff members and students in grades 6-12. This program is designed to help identify asymptomatic COVID-19 cases early and ensure that affected individuals are immediately isolated and sent home to quarantine. We need your help to make sure this important safety measure is successful! We are asking parents and families to complete this consent form to opt their child into the COVID-19 rapid testing program. This is completely optional, but we hope you will include your child in the program and support COVID-19 prevention efforts at Tulsa Public Schools. Click here for frequently asked questions.
SEE. HEAR. SHARE.
You can help keep your school community safe. If you see or hear something concerning, call 918-480-SAFE (7233) or share with a trusted adult.
- Visit our Student and School Safety page for more information.
- Make sure your child's school has your accurate emergency contact information.
- Please obey traffic signs and stay alert when driving in a school zone.
We use three guiding principles to make decisions about postponing or closing schools for inclement weather:
- Time spent in the classroom is integral to preparing students for academic success.
- Students and staff must be able to get to and from school safely.
- Parents and guardians must have adequate time to make arrangements for transportation or childcare.
School closings or delays are communicated widely through our website, social media, SchoolMessenger communication system, and local news outlets.
Learn more about our inclement weather procedures here.
Make sure to follow us on social media for current events and updates to activities being held at Emerson!
To view your child’s grades, attendance and other information:
- Parents - Student Grades
- Select “Create Account” and provide requested information
- Sign in using your created account and password
- Student data, including class schedules, will be available Aug 21st.
To request a transcript, visit Student Records/Transcripts.
Montessori Supply Wish List 2021-2022
Montessori Children's House (Pre-K and Kindergarten)
- 2 - Boxes of Tissues
- 1 - Package of tracing paper
- 1 - 12 count package of colored pencils (Prisma color or other high quality pencils are best)
GIRLS: Crayola Colors of the World Crayons (Multi-cultural)
BOYS: Crayola Colors of the World Crayons (Multi-cultural)
- 2 - packages of baby wipes
- 2 - rolls of paper towels
- 2 - white liquid glue (Elemer's school glue is our first choice)
- 2 - packages of glue sticks (Elemer's school glue is our first choice)
- 1 - pair of scissors, blunt end (Friskars is our first choice)
- 2 - Containers of disinfectant wipes
- 2 - Zip-loc baggies
- All Students: snack size
- Boys: gallon size bags
- Girls: quart size bags
- 1 - package of ultra fine point black sharpies
- 1 - set of water colors (Prong watercolors is our first choice)
- Change of uniform clothes, socks, and underpants in a zip lock bag with child's name.
- Free standing framed family picture 4X6 (this will be returned at the end of the school year)
Extra Wish List:
- Bar of hypoallergenic soap
- Dish soap
- 1 - package of sponges without the scrubber
- 1 - package of white was clothes for Montessori activities
- 1 - package of safety pins
- 1 - package of coffee filters
- 1 - water bottle, student's name clearly written in black
Lower Elementary 2021 - 2022 Wish List
If possible, please bring supplies with your child’s name written on them to student during
Early Bird sessions August 9, 10, 11
- Avery 1” Durable View 3 Ring Binder(holds 8.5” x 11”) paper < White Color>
- 2-Roll of Paper Towels
- 2 Canister of disinfectant wipes
- 1 Bottle of Hand Sanitizer
- 1 Package of White Copy Paper
- Avery 8-Tab Plastic Binder Dividers with Pockets, Write & Erase Multicolor Big Tabs
- BIC Brite Liner Highlighter, Chisel Tip, Assorted Colors, 5-Count
- TICONDEROGA Pencils, Wood-Cased, Pre-Sharpened, Graphite #2 HB Soft, Yellow
Optional items to support our classroom environment and learning
- Two, fabric pencil bags with zipper and three holes for binders.
- Extra uniform to leave in locker (labeled with name)
- Dish towels for drying (earth tones)
- Washcloths for cleaning (earth tones)
- A sweater or zip-up jacket in uniform colors (no logo or decoration) to wear in the school building if your child tends to get cold.
- Prisma Colored Pencils
- Glue sticks and/or Elmer's liquid glue
- Ziplock baggies (quart and gallon)
- Magic Erasers
- Unscented laundry soap
- Dish soap
*If these supplies are a hardship for your family in any way, please let us know so we can assist.
Please be mindful when purchasing backpacks that they need to fit into the following parameters. Lockers measure 10" in width by 10" in depth and 16" from backpack hook to base of locker. They will also be hanging jackets therefore full size backpacks will not fit well.
Upper Elementary Student Wish list 2021-2022
1-White Binder – 2” , with clear “pocket” to slide a cover page
1 - Water Color Paints (Prong brand is preferred)
1 - Oil Pastels (Pentel brand is preferred)
2 - Composition Notebook
1 - Sketch Book
1 pkg-Dry Erase thin marker with an eraser
1 pkg Vis-a-Vis marker
1 - Circle Compass
1 pkg - Page Protectors (25 per pkg)
1 - Notebook Tab Dividers, 8 tabs
2 - Card Stock - White only
2 - Kleenex
3 - Disinfecting Wipes
1 - Hand Garden Tools
1 - Apron for cooking
- Colored, button down polo (no logo) in blue, yellow/gold.
- Sweatshirts and sweaters /cardigans (no logo) must be uniform colors.
- 1 undershirt may be worn, must be white and tucked.
- School shirts may only be worn on Fridays .
- No Hoodies or Vests
- Slacks/Shorts/Skirts/Jumpers in Khaki or Navy
- Shorts are to be worn under dresses during Physical Education.
- Plain white, navy, black, khaki leggings can be worn under skirts .
- Extremely tight shorts, pants (skinny jeans/skinny uniform pants) or excessively large or baggy clothing are not allowed. Pants and shorts shall be worn at the waist.
- Leggings and dark colored jeans are not considered appropriate uniform pants.
- Tennis shoes are encouraged, especially since all students attend gym class.
- NO high heels, backless shoes, flip flops/house shoes, shower shoes, cleats, or roller shoes.
- Coats, hats, gloves, scarves, purses, backpacks, and fanny packs must be stored in student lockers. These items will not be allowed in the classrooms.
- Hats, caps, curlers, sweatbands, bandanas, or scarves may not be worn within the school building unless prescribed by a physician and approved by the school administration.
- Clear backpacks (preferred), no backpacks with wheels.
- Please be mindful that student lockers are small. The lockers measure 10" in width and 10" in depth and 16" from backpack hook to base of locker.
Fridays are considered School Spirit Day! Students may wear their school t-shirt along with a pair of blue jeans. Blue jeans must be in good repair with no holes, tears or stains. Cargos, leggings, overalls and jumpers are not permitted.
Boy/Girl Scouts, Brownies or Daisies may wear their uniform vests or shirts on designated meeting days along with approved uniform bottoms.
To serve the families at our school, we have started an “uniform exchange closet”. At anytime during the year, families are welcome to drop off uniforms that no longer fit their child. Families can also “purchase” uniform pieces with their parent involvement card.
Uniforms must be:
- no holes or tears
- no stains
- zippers and buttons in good working order
The uniform exchange closet is overseen by the 4th grade students.
They will decide during the school year specific times of donation and selling.
Contact the school counselor if you need assistance getting uniforms. For more information on the Emerson uniforms please click the link below.