At Tulsa Public Schools, we want to make sure we provide the best experience for all of our students and families, and that starts when you first enroll.
Our families have been loud and clear that our current enrollment system is confusing - different enrollment and application windows and times, different types of applications and application processes, and our application windows aren't aligned to allow families to have the largest range of choices possible.
We want to make it simple and easy for families to choose - and stay with - Tulsa Public Schools, and we think an improved enrollment system is a step forward. Our improved enrollment system will launch in the winter of 2019-2020 for families who are enrolling for the 2020-2021 school year.
With this new system, families will need to complete just one application for neighborhood, magnet, and our charter schools. Families can select up to six different schools that meet their child's needs and interests. Finally, all applications and documents will be submitted during one enrollment period.
The focus for the first year of this enrollment system is on ensuring that our system is designed to help all students have access to exceptional learning experiences, but the rules, criteria or priorities that govern who is accepted in our schools are not changing.
We have scheduled four information sessions for our families to learn more about this new enrollment system:
- Monday, October 28, from 6-7 p.m. at the Alcott Building at 525 E. 46th St. N.
- Tuesday, October 29, from 6-7 p.m. at the Herman and Kate Kaiser Library at 5202 S. Hudson Ave.
- Tuesday, November 5, from 6-7 p.m. at East Central Junior High School at 12121 E. 21st St. *This meeting will be in Spanish.
- Thursday, November 7, from 6-7 p.m. at the Zarrow Regional Library in the south meeting room at 2225 W. 51st St.
We invite all of our families to attend these meetings to learn more about our improved enrollment system and to ask any questions you may have.
Our 2020-2021 enrollment period opens December 9, 2019, and closes January 31, 2020. Once we launch the new system you will need to create a new account. Once you have an account you can use the following options to enroll:
- Enrollment Center at 2819 S. New Haven Ave.
- Martin Regional Library at 2601 S. Garnett Rd. *Spanish available
- Zarrow Regional Library at 2224 W. 51st St.
- Rudisill Regional Library at 1520 N. Hartford Ave.
- Tulsa County Library at 400 Civic Center
- Alcott Building at 525 E. 46th St. N.
We are also holding an all-district expo on Saturday, January 11, 2020, at the Cox Business Center from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. Families will have the opportunity to interact, ask questions, and gather information from schools and school leaders.
For more information, please visit our webpage.